Friday, December 17, 2004

the evil that lies within my computer

my computer has been infiltrated by a virus/spybot/hijacker/worm thing. My father, thankfully has given me a few programs that has fixed 90% of the crap that was going wrong with it. The other 10% tries to incorporate itself into my startup programs, and I receive an annoying prompt every 60 seconds about that something is trying to add an element to my start up, the offending files are mssupdate.exe and ndis.dll or ndis.exe. The real pain in the ass is, that these windows are popping up all over the place while I'm trying to type this and INTERRUPTING ME!!!! whew it really sucks.

I made these cookies last night, that are so rich and heavy after 3 I never want another one again. My friend has a couple of teenagers so I am going to bring the rest over tomorrow in hopes that they (unlike my computer invaders) are eliminated. Here's the recipe, they go by several names, such as No Bake Cookies, Sugar Bombs, or Shit Cookies.

  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup of soy margarine
  • 1/2 cup of soy milk
  • 1 dash of salt
  • 3 cups of quick or instant cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup of peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Prepare 2 cookie sheets by covering with a sheet of waxed paper. In a saucepan, on medium low heat, bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, soy milk and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute. This may take 10-20 minutes to melt everything (use a whisk to mix). It is extremely important that you watch a clock or set a timer for 1 minute because if you under boil, the mixture will not harden and if you overboil, the mixture will become dry and crumbly. After mixture has boiled, remove from heat and quickly add the peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Quickly stir, and drop by spoonfuls in a cookie size on the cookie sheets. Allow 2 hours - overnight to completely dry. Enjoy your sugar bombs!

**a note about ingredients...please, for the sake of your body and others that may eat this stuff, use organic ingredients whenever possible. And as for the sugar, use dehydrated cane juice, or an alternative to the refined sugar commonly found on your baking needs aisle in the grocery store. It's just better for you, and the environment.


No comments: