Friday, December 17, 2004

is it a bacterial infection?

Well, I sleep with a heating pad sometimes. I know that's not good, usually I shut it off before I nod off, and keep it set to low. Once in a while I fall asleep and wake up in the wee hours of the morn' and it's still on, the orange power light dimly illuminating my room and the sleeping felines competing with me for bedspace (while they're all sprawled out, and I'm crunched up). About November 29th, I woke up with a funny boil on my right leg, a little larger than a cigarette burn, circular in shape, between my knee and ankle. I assumed it was a burn, because of the heating pad, or sometimes I lean on the woodstove when I'm cold. The strange thing is, is that I didn't burn any of my clothes.

I dismissed the funny boil as a burn, lanced it and went on with life. It is still healing, but I haven't been dilligent about taking vitamins so I ignored it.

Today I woke up, all was normal. I took a shower, and when I got out, I noticed I had a duplicate boil on the top of my left foot, just below my pinky toe. It's not a corn or a callus, and caused me some concern.

I just dismissed it as another burn, lanced it, and if another one appears I'm going to a clinic or the emergency room. Why do I feel as if I'm an episode of 24 waiting to happen?


No comments: