Wednesday, December 08, 2004

praise unemployment benefits!

Who would lay someone off right before Thanksgiving? My former employer, that's who. Happy Holidays, asshole.

Why is the health of the economy hanging in the balance depending upon a fruitful holiday spending spree?

70 million people are sleep deprived, but many take "power naps." I've taken power naps in the past. Now that I'm among the unemployed, I take super power naps, for a few hours.

We used to have a nativity scene when I was a kid, the whole works with a removable baby Jesus and the wise men and several animals. I felt the need to incorporate fisher price people and army men. The funniest nativity scene, however, was at my cousin's wife's parent's house. That scene contained at least a hundred action figures, fisher price things, funny little stuffed animals, and anything else that was small enough to fit on the shelf it was displayed on. It was a constant source of amusement for the few years that I lived there and participated in holiday festivites.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Spiderman, Batman, an assorted bunch of smurfs and I think either Pocahantas or Jasmine make a yearly appearance now, too (um, it's gotten bigger).