Saturday, March 26, 2005

reading...

I just finished reading "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer. I highly recommend it. It is a first person perspecitve from a survivor from the 1996 Mt. Everest disaster. If you ever get a chance, google "Beck Weathers" or check out http://www.steponline.com/everest/beck_weathers.asp. Similiarally, if you have an IMAX theatre near you, check out the "Everest" movie if it plays. That was filmed during the same time the expedition Jon Krakauer was in fell to its untimely demise.

Lately, I have been reading the owners manual to my new 2005 Subaru Impreza RS.

1 comment:

GrapeNut said...

Dude, I read that book about five years ago and am always telling people to read it. Now I have someone to discuss it with.

Saw the IMAX film - Everest. Not in an IMAX theater mind you.

It's pretty wild, thinking about the climbing Everest thing. The one thing that strikes me is how selfish one has to be to do something like that. I used to want that...and will hopeully one day see Everest at least from Base Camp, however you have to accept death prior to climbing. Probably most thing they're invincible. Dude, Rob Hall and Scott Fischer's kids are now fatherless and the mothers heartbroken.

Great book - Horrific event!