Sunday, August 21, 2005

on a whim...

I was picking up some take out food the other night, and I happened to go by Safeway. I don't usually shop there, but my bank is located inside the store and I thought, what the hell, maybe I'll happen down their razor aisle and see if they carry refills for the new razor I bought (I still haven't gotten refills).

Well, they carry the starter pack that I purchased a while ago, that included the new razor and two complimentary razors, but the pegs that should hold the overpriced super razor refills were empty! There was a tag placed on the empty peg, that mocked "Sorry, item coming soon!"

I had visions of shoving the whole display shelf with all of my might, which in turn would cause a domino effect throughout the store. "CLEAN UP ON AISLE 5!" would be an understatement, there would be a inconceivable mixture of crushed cookies, smashed boxes of shake n' bake, a scattered assortment of back to school specials, including notebooks, writing utensils, popped carpi sun drink pouches, and snack sized bags of frito lay products all mixed into a big technicolor dusty mass, and all paper products and sanitary napkins turning brown with absorbed liquid mixtures including fizzy foamy soda, household cleaners and condiments.

I hate shopping at Safeway anyway.

No comments: