Monday, August 08, 2005

postponed until Tuesday

As I am sure you are aware, the Space Shuttle landing has been postponed until sometime early Tuesday morning. The reason it was postponed today was due to a variety of weather reasons I've read about, from cloud cover all the way to a tropical storm. I personally think it's propaganda, I am providing a link to the Two Palms Cape Caneveral Cam, which shows clear blue skies. There is also a link at this site to access the Kennedy Space Center Cam.

My partner and I set our alarm clock to wake up at 1:30 our time to turn on the radio and hear the live landing sequence as it was happening. I remember getting up, and that's about it. I don't remember re-setting my alarm clock for 5:40, although my partner remembers me doing that, and having an interactive dialogue speculating the reasons for the Space Shuttle postponement. I don't understand why they couldn't land at any of the other places designated for Shuttle re-entry, like Houston or Arizona, or where ever they do it. Wasn't Columbia en-route to the alternative landing site when it disintegrated? I really enjoy reading all of the overly positive articles from many of the US media outlets.

I wonder how this whole thing will pan out?

No comments: