Monday, August 22, 2005

spiders

It seems every morning when I'm in the shower, there's a spider that's on the floor of the tub, or clinging to the tile wall in the strong mist and spray from my p.s.i. 200 shower stream. These spiders are the big weird daddy longlegs ones.I don't notice the spider at first, then notice that I've almost killed it, and try to bring it to safety somehow. I hate touching bugs, and try to avoid it whenever possible, but I feel so bad for these spiders, I've been holding them with my hand and so far they haven't bitten me. Of course they might be in shock, too. I only hold the spider for a few seconds, maybe 10 seconds. Just long enough to ferry them over to the counter safe from the shower environment.

I've heard that while the average person sleeps, over the course of a year 6 spiders crawl into and out of everybody's open mouth. I don't know many spiders get accidentally eaten.

1 comment:

GrapeNut said...

that's so disgusting. thanks for sharing...