Monday, October 31, 2005

daylight savings time

It's raining buckets and windy today. About three quarters of the leaves have left the trees and reside at neighborhood intersections and lining the streets and a thick wet casserole of the seasonal change. Yesterday we changed to daylight savings time; I am never sure which way to set the clock...spring ahead fall back? Fall ahead spring back? The only two states who don't observe daylight savings time I think are Arizona and Indiana. I'm not entirely sure why, and I'm still looking into this. I woke up a little after 5 this morning and lay in bed, listening to my partner's steady breathing, the wind combing through the branches of the great trees that tower over our little residences, and threaten to touch the sky, and the rain showering on the roof, adding a nice sublte percussion to the rhythm to autumn.

I enjoy these private, timeless, silent moments.

No comments: