Friday, October 07, 2005

what a hunk!


I'm kidding. But the picture above was taken probably like 1986.
Below is a current picture
.
.
I really haven't thought about him much from the late 80's to at the beginning of this year. I had to take a drug test at my job as part of a pre-employment requirement, and instead of doing it at the workplace, they sent me to an occupational clinic that routinely did things like drug tests, physicals, and worker's comp stuff. I made sure I drank like three large coffees so I'd have to pee by the time I got there. I shouldn't have planned that far ahead, the bus ride was so long, then I had to walk like a mile and I had to urinate so bad I was doubled over with pain.
.
The clinic was this large, grey, seemingly windowless fortress located at the edge of the city industrial area, under an interstate bridge. I opened the door and walked in, and immediately had to navigate a sea of large husky bodies in flannels and carhart pants. I got to the front desk, and told the receptionist who I was and why I was there, and added that I had to go to the bathroom pretty bad. She interrupted me and instructed me to fil out three forms and bring them back.
.
10 minutes later, I brought the paperwork back to the desk, and I reiterated that I was going to have an emergency on one of the waiting room chairs if I didn't go now. She informed me that no matter how bad I had to go, I would be helped in the order of arrival, and all of the flannel donning carhart laborer guys got there before me, and I had to wait. I told her I couldn't wait, and needed the key to the public bathroom. She gave me a key attached that was attached to a clipboard, and sent me on a journey down a series of similar looking star trek hallways until I found the bathroom behind a non-descript door that camouflaging into the walls.
.
After I relieved myself, I made my way back into the lobby and began to drink a ton of water so I could go for my test. I had to wait like an hour before I had the urge to go again, and it was late morning on the first day of my job. I watched what was on the waiting room television, which happened to be "The Tony Danza Show."
.
Tony Danza's a weirdo, but I think I respect him more than "The Hoff."

No comments: