Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I've got coffee stains

all over me. Which normally I wouldn't mind, but I'm at work and like to keep myself somewhat neat for 1/2 the day. The ironic part is that I don't wear my button-down shirt for the drive in, I wear a junky t-shirt just in case I am drinking coffee while driving, and happen to dribble a little. Upon my arrival to work, somewhere between carrying the shirt in and changing into it, I managed to drip coffee all over my left arm, the length of sleeve from the elbow to the cuff. I have no idea how that happened, and just rolled my sleeves up. It's about lunch time, so if someone notices (nobody has yet) I can act like I haven't seen it before.

Not that anyone but me cares.

I interviewed someone for an unarmed security position earlier, and during the final thank you handshake, the applicant's hand lingered a few more moments than necessary. I prefer a firm handshake, not a noodle limp handshake, and not lingering or grasping more than necessary. I think I almost had a borderline let-me-yank-my-hand away shake retrevial incident.

I refuse to buy a scale, mostly because it's an unnecessary expense. But I have no problem going into my local Target on a weekly basis, and taking a nice digital scale out of the package to weigh myself, and putting it back in the package after I've received my results. Not that they vary much, and if it is going to vary you usually don't need a scale to confirm that.

There was something else I wanted to comment on, but now that I'm sitting here typing it escapes me....

No comments: