Thursday, December 01, 2005

happy 200th post!

It never ceases to amaze me, whenever it's raining here, there's always some jerk with a leaf blower standing over a stuck procession of wet dead leaves trying to force it off of the sidewalk. I'm sitting at my desk and hearing the hum of a leaf blower I think on the business property just to the north of us. I can see it's raining out, and hear the sloshing of the cars as they turn at the intersection, and my feet are wet from being out earlier and trying to find a place I received the wrong address for. It blows my mind that, like clockwork, companies have their landscrapers come out and perform the same duties, regardless of if it's a logical function to perform (like leaf blowing in the rain). It seems to me that at this point it would be more effective to just rake the leaves off of the sidewalk.

No comments: