Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas!


So it's just past midnight and my family is really dysfunctional. I mean, all families are dysfunctional, and I thought it would be fun to just observe, but I'm more then a spectator, unfortunately I'm a participant and have to stand up for my rights, or at least for the rights for the people who try hard to make a holiday happen. I can't idly sit back and let the people who are fucking it up continute to be assholes, I will put them in their place if they are disrespecting my family in any way, so if you're a girlfriend or boyfriend of a family member, and you can't handle your liquor and want to make an abrasive, controversial, uptight scene, I'll put you back in the place you belong, no problem. That's my promise. If you call me or my family trash, that's my loyalty right there, I'll make sure you understand you're the one who's trash, loud and clear.

I forgot how crazy holidays with family could be. For years, I've been on my own, not elected to do anything, and my minimal family obligation was making the day-of holiday phone call, and going back to the peaceful monotony of my routiene. Now that I'm an interactive particpant, I can't sit idly by while someone gets out of control, verbally abuses and disrespects my family and house, and loses control in all ways. My brother got his hand slammed in a car door, and that was at the high point of the drama occuring while Santa and his 8 tiny reindeer are sledding over the country, delivering presents to kids who have been good in the still of the night.

Too much alcohol too soon, everyone got way too drunk in a short amount of time. Somehow I'm the lightweight of the bunch and I'm fine, I paced myself and no problems here. I'm so mad right now I can't even get to sleep, and it's not even my problem.

And I thought I had problems.


Here's a picutre of my step brother puking behind the air conditioner on the side of the house. At least he didn't puke in it. That would really be smelly.




No comments: