Tuesday, December 20, 2005

random handfuls of wheat thins

This picture was taken from the kitchenette of the office I work at. There's a few people at the office who like to cook at home, and will bring in a pie or banana bread, or sometimes when I go to a meeting I'll bring the left over doughnuts back for the people who didn't attend the meeting. Sometimes there's something nasty there, the kind of food offerings that breed germs and disgust--the guy who doesn't wash his hands after using the rest room, then reaches into a bag of cookies and fingers up a few grabbing one, or someone stirring their coffee with the community sugar spoon, then licking the spoon and putting it back in the container. Today I happened to be walking by and I noticed what's pictured; it looked a couple random handfuls of wheat thins were placed on a napkin in a precarious pile. I think if you grabbed the wrong wheat thin, the whole pile could go cascading onto the counter top, which seems skeevier. I don't think anyone had any of this offering.

No comments: