Tuesday, March 14, 2006

not screwed!

Yesteday I had a screw in my tire, the front passenger side. The tire wasn’t low, I have about 24 dollars to my name right now, and luckily the good guys as Les Schwab Tires plugged it for free.

***

***********************************

***

I live in an apartment where the light switches aren’t where you subconsciously expect them to be. For the past six months, I’ve been walking around swiping the blank walls on the inside of the bathroom, kitchen and living room door frames.

***

*************************************

***

Super bowl Sunday was also known as Black Sunday at KFC. I had the pleasure of working there between the ages of 16 and 21, it became an integral part of my development, and helped formed my future eating habits (namely I can’t eat it to this day). Anyway, Super bowl Sunday was the single most revenue generating day, the day when all the staff are working at once, when the largest amount of chicken is cooked and sold in record quantities, special orders for 30 pieces, 50 pieces, 180 pieces, it was complete madness. It wasn't about what position you worked, such as "drive-thru" or "cook" or "front lobby," it was more along the lines of "battlestations." And of course, all that fried chicken is nothing with out ten million biscuits, 200 gallons of brown gravy, 450 pounds of mashed potatoes and coleslaw, baked beans, hot wings, corn on the cob, and every other fixin' you could imagine.

No comments: