Thursday, August 03, 2006

earthquake!

I had a real hard time getting to sleep last night. Part of it is a lot of stress going on for me right now, and part was the cup of coffee and evil doughnut I had at about 9 PM. I actually went to bed about 10 PM, which is earlier then usual for me, but lay awake until about midnight, tossing and turning, trying to shut my mind off, etc. I don’t remember the actual point that I fell asleep, but I woke up about 1:30 and was annoyed that I wasn’t still sleeping. I blew it off, and took forever getting up when the alarm clock finally went off. After I came into work, I was talking with the Safety Manager and he mentioned, oh boy did I have a hard time sleeping last night. Why? I asked, thinking maybe he, like me, had coffee and a doughnut sugar bomb at 9 PM (way inappropriate). He told me that there was an earthquake last night, a 3.9, and the epicenter was in Battle Ground. I didn’t wake up during the earthquake, but suspect I woke up right after these things are usually brief). I just checked Mapquest, and Battle Ground is about 24 miles from Portland. Pretty strange!

No comments: