Saturday, October 28, 2006

it's been nice

It's been a beautiful autumn so far, not too much rain, but heavy fog in the morning that burns off by 12 noon or so. Everything smells like crisp cool air, dead leaves, and fireplaces, and the rustle of dead leaves swirling in the wind can be heard so often it's taken for granted. Tonight we lose daylight savings time, and gain an hour of sleep. I think it's strange that Arizona and Indiana don't have daylight savings time. That must be weird, not having to change your clock twice a year. I wonder if we lived on a larger planet, if we would have longer seasons and the need for a couple of different daylight savings times. Who came up with the hour change? Why not 45 minutes or 1 1/2 hours?

Work's been unbelievably busy lately. Busiest I think I've ever been in my life. And it's tough, too, real brain busting mental exhaustion work. Just dealing with a lot of people and a lot of different paperwork, depending on the situation. I have all new people starting next week so that should be releif, I haven't made any art lately, and miss having more personal time. I'd love to take a vacation, too. I'd like to just float in warm water indefinately.

I have new neighbors next door (again). This is the 4th neighbor that's lived there since I've been here. A woman about my age lives there, I haven't met her yet, but she's been a little obnoxious and Thursday night I almost went over there to tell her to shut the hell up, she was making a ton of noise, blasting music and jumping or dancing around. I haven't heard any neighbor here at all except for her, so I know it's not me being too sensitive.

I guess it's close to election time, I've been receiving a steady stream of ballot measure or election canididate junk mail. I can't wait until it's over. Anything political gives me a headache, it's all bullshit. I read the voting guides that come in the mail, and I vote, but I'm really skeptical about my vote counting. Our state does a mail in ballot, which really is more convienent then going to voting places. I get school flashbacks filling in the bubble scan-tron looking voting keypunch card.

I can't believe it's fall! What a nice summer. I can't believe it's almost Halloween.

No comments: