Friday, October 06, 2006

the wallet heart attack

So last night after I got home from work, I decided I was hungry and wanted to get something to eat. After I placed my order I frantically searched for my missing wallet, freaking out, trying to retrace my last steps: I was at a deli during lunch, I bought something...I brought the wallet back to the office...I put it on my desk....That's as far as I got before I surmised that I left my wallet at work, on my desk, most likely in plain view. I considered going back to the office to see if it was there, but it was late, and there was nobody at the office. I didn't want to be the one to come into the creepy dark empty building and have to disarm the alarm code. I work all the way out by the airport, and don't like to travel out there unless I'm scheduled to work, or picking up friends from the airport. So I decided to get up and go in early, to see if my wallet was at work.

I had such a hard time relaxing enough to get to sleep, and even when I was sleeping I woke up several times throughout the night. I woke up extra early, and raced to work, and thankfully, luckily, my wallet was on my desk, under my monitor stand, behind a small paper clip tray. I really got exhausted from worrying about that, but I'm glad in light of all the bad luck I've had with wallets throughout my life that it was where I left it and untouched.

I think I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: