Monday, November 20, 2006

bad analogy

I was talking to my boss earlier about the company's driving policy, and a couple of things related to driving infractions. My boss believes that all accidents are caused by the 2% of bad drivers, and one of the worst infractions you would get a ticket for is "faliure to obey a traffic control device." That basically means you went through a red light. I explained circumstances other then running a red light that might be classified as "failure to obey a traffic control device," when in mid thought I realized that all my examples are bad. I made an analogy regarding my poor examples, and said, "Well, weather someone kills you with a screwdriver, or if they kill you with a machine gun, you're still dead."

My boss just laughed at me, which I prefer to him regarding me strangely and asking me to leave.

No comments: