Thursday, November 30, 2006

gaya gaya

Last night my fried David and I went to Gaya Gaya for dinner, and I ordered some sushi instead of getting the usual bento box. Gaya Gaya is an awesome Japanese restaurant on West Burnside in Portland, The food is great, but the waitresses have a definate English language barrier. It's almost comical sometimes, you ask for extra rice and they bring you a little dish of pickled ginger.




I ended up getting Nigiri style salmon and a house special called "Tears of Gaya" which was a roll of ground ahi tuna and smelt roe, among other things. I only had my phone with me to take a picture of the beautiful and tasty sushi arrangement. I almost didn't want to eat it, it was like a work of art. The spiky tower thing was made out of thinly sliced apples. I was very impressed.

David ordered a New York Strip something or other over vegetables with rice. He doesn't care for raw fish, and was pretty happy with his order. I don't think he was aware that I took this picture of him, of course he will be when he reads this blog entry. Behind David is a mirror, and if you look closely you can see me taking the picture.


No comments: