Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I just spilled hot chocolate onto my laptop

I didn't panic until I picked it up and hot chocolate dripped out of the bottom. It was pretty freaky. I felt a panic attack coming on. I dried it off as best I can, and waited about 1/2 hour before I started it up again.

So far, so good. It smells nice, like hot chocolate! I'm glad I bought the extended just-in-case-you-drop-your-coffee-on-it waranty. The only real difference I notice now is that my shift key is sticking a little. The "A," "Z" and "ctrl" keys seem to be working okay.

I'm in Seattle right now on business, my company is hiring people to work at a federal site out here. It's pretty high security, and the security application is a rigorous process. I would rather fill out 10 complicated tax forms then fill out one of the security clearance checks.

After we finished the first phase of paperwork and interviews, my co-worker and I met two of our referral sources/contacts at a place called Uwajimaya, which is an Asian grocery store, gift store, and food court of asian food. All of this is in a huge building, so it has an open market feel without the weather element. I bought myself some lunch/dinner, and some treats from an Asian bakery. The picture of the dragon below was taken inside the grocery park of Uwajimaya.



No comments: