Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the amazing power of roaming wi-fi hot spots

I wrote this really indepth blog analyzing my feelings on Harrison Ford and his recent turning down to play an older Han Solo for $47 million dollars. It was great, I had examples, articles referenced, pictures, then I lost my internet connection and lost the whole blog entry. I was a bit put off about that and I admit that it's hard to get writing again after that. Usually I go through this process or writing the blog elsewhere on my computer where I can back up the file, but I got a little too big for my britches with the wi-fi luck I've been having, and now I have nothing to show for it.

Maybe I'll revisit that subject again, it's definately worth delving into. Today I had to stay home from work because we received a few inches of snow, which in itself isn't a reason to stay home, but in Portland, they don't know how to deal with snow and ice, and I think they make things worse in a way. I spent the day on the phone with people I work with who made it in, or sweeping the front steps for myself and a few neighbors, and I went to Safeway for any older neighbors who couldn't get out on their own. My old lady neighbor requested beefy chunky low sodium soups, a cinnamon bun and a quart of half and half. I just picked up two Amy's Organic spinach pizza.



Notice the bus a few cars back...it's positioned like that because the buses had no chains and no traction coming up the hill...I watched three buses crash into the telephone pole which is next to where I'm standing to take the picture.



The snow is pretty, even though the locals freak out. Some kid was sledding today and got hit by a car. I'm sure several kids did all over the area throughout the day, but I only caught one on the evening news. Everything looks so clean and white when it snows, and all of the sounds of daily life are muted by the soft white buffer. The snow was pretty fluffly, the kind of snow that you'd lay down and die in if you were lost in the wilderness.

Fortunately for me I'm only about 5 blocks from my house. I'm at a coffee shop right now, and some weird girl came into the room where I'm typing and is doing pushups and and stretches for no apparent reason. I guess it could be worse; she could be asking me for money. If she doesn't quit, I'll record her and post the video on YouTube.

2 comments:

GrapeNut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GrapeNut said...

i can't believe you guys got so much snow. please post that on youtube....

i love your pics. we should go into business together.