Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!

I had some time off this New Year's weekend, and we traveled out to eastern Oregon again. This time we went the furthest east we have ever been; east of The Dalles, and arond a place called Fulton Canyon.





I'll upload more pictures later this week; I've also uploaded sets of eastern Oregon pictures, as well as winter Multnomah Falls and Columbia Gorge pictures on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fwickafwee.

*****************************************************

Like you, I can't believe that it's 2007. I clearly remember when it was 1987, and 1997 for that matter. I don't usually believe in making resolutions, because I feel if you are going to change you should inititate that change immediately, not on January 1st. This year, however, I made a small resolution: to tile my coffee table.

About 10 years ago, I had a coffee table I really liked. It was solid, on wheels, and had a mosiac tiled top, bordered in maj jong tiles. I spent about 6 months clipping and setting each tile, and was really happy about the outcome. Over the years, between moving and storing furniture across the country, I lost the table. I always imagine some person somewhere else is looking at it, in their living room in front of their couch, wondering about the origins.

Anyway, I have another coffee table in my possession, aching to be tiled. I'd like to get that done in 2007.

No comments: