Tuesday, April 24, 2007

the water at work

The water here is very strange; if you wash your hands, or have to wash something out (like your lunch dishes) it either smells like metal or rotten eggs. Sometimes both at the same time, if you can imagine that. There are a lot of shared doorknobs, printer buttons, pens, and other overlooked items, and there isn’t any way you can go through the day without washing your hands. Metal smell and everything; I tried going the “hand sanitizer” route and found it to just make my hands feel like I was wearing an Elmer’s glue glove of thick slime.

I have some citrus smelling lotion that simultaneously relaxes me and moisturizes my skin, and seems to keep the rotten egg metal smell at bay.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Okay that would gross me out. I can't imagine having to clean my hands in water that smells like that. As it is, I don't like the soap they put in the womens bathroom so I buy one of those dial foaming pumps instead.