Monday, May 14, 2007

open letter to the woman who ties her dog up outside of the coffee shop

So, I get that you like to take your dog everywhere. You can't leave the apartment without him, and "he" happens to be an overgrown Rotweilier/Pit Bull/German Shepard mix who also has a wicked case of PTSD. I can tell you think it's cute to bring your dog to the local coffee shop, and while you're inside lazily sipping your latte and eating your smoked cheddar and apple scones, your scary dog is outside barking at everything that barely moves. It's apparent that you don't work in the morning because no matter what time I stop by, the story is the same. I'm sure you're hoping that maybe one of the available single bachelors in this town will skateboard up to the coffee shop and be impressed by your large companion. Whatever the case may be, I'm sorry if I offended you by reflexively shouting "JESUS CHRIST" because Cujo lunged to the end of his lead-rope and barked loudly and frothily at me. I have to be honest, I couldn't help it and if Cujo came any closer then his lead rope would allow, he probably would have suffered a punch in the snout. Anyway, just sharing a piece of my mind, please, go back to enjoying your morning.

No comments: