Friday, October 12, 2007

Google Street View

So have you looked at Google's latest gadget and addition to the map feature, Google Street View? It's pretty neat and scary, all rolled into one. My friend and I were looking at our houses, and the clarity is scary. You can kind of see my couch through the window of my apartment. If you haven't already, you should check it out. Many cities are mapped out: Chicago, Miami, Philadelphia, Denver, Las Vegas, and about 10 more cities and nearby areas.

It really does seem like big brother though every time I think about the clarity and details in the view of my apartment. Some street views have cars or people in the frames, so now I'm thinking "what day did they take these pictures, and where was I?"

One frame has a homeless man and his shopping cart in it. I wonder how many views in how many cities have a similar view?


I found this picture by accident; I was trying to recall the name of a thrift store on this corner for a friend, and while looking at this picture she pointed the guy and his cart out to me.

Another funny thing we watched last night was giraffe fighting. I can't believe I haven't watched this before now.

No comments: