Monday, May 12, 2008

mystery ritual part II

The neighbor behind me was at it again last night. He started the ritual at 9:30 and it didn't end until about midnight. I was so annoyed and tired while I listened to the repetitive water on 20 seconds/water off 30 seconds followed by the weird banging and occasional squeaking.

I planned to sleep in about a 1/2 hour to I wouldn't be so tired when I got to work when I was woken up by the strange ritual again at 5:30 AM! Based on some simple math, this neighbor guy (who looks an awful lot like Harry Potter) had gotten just as much if not less sleep then I last night. I got out of bed and started my day, there would be no rest for me listening to that. I can't for the life of me figure out what he is doing in there.

Well, let me be honest right here and let you know I'm a big chicken. I had the opportunity to ask Harry about what he was doing and I blew it. Harry came down to put his laundry in the washer just as I was moving my last load into the dryer. He asked me if I had more to go and I told him the washer was all his. I thought for a moment about the water ritual and almost asked him, I was going to put a "curiosity" spin on my question, not a bitchy "you're keeping me awake asshole" remark. I opened my mouth and hesitated; then some other words came out. I made weird small talk about how lost laundry socks have a way of finding themselves back to their owners. He exchanged some commentary about the washer and then I left. And here I am, still wondering what Harry Potter's up to behind me.

I know someone commented that he might be running a meth lab in my last post, but now I'm thinking he's conducting some kind of strange experiment. Maybe he's trying to energize water droplets with radioactivity so he could mutate and become the next comic book hero. Radioactive H20 man!

1 comment:

The Rant said...

I think your on to something. Radioactive meth. Well, I was hoping you would let us know when you solved the mystery, but you won't have to. We'll see it on the national news when your apartment building nukes.