Sunday, February 26, 2012

sick and the perils of google image search.

I'm sick. My eyeballs are burning and my head is foggy, inside my chest is itchy, I'm coughing, experiencing hot and cold flashes, and I keep forgetting what I start doing. A lot of walking into a room and then saying to myself, "What did I come in here for??" I have body aches so bad the only explanation is that I sleep walked down a flight of stairs last night, and somehow got up and back into bed. I woke up every three hours or so in such incredible discomfort, and the in-between time was filled with bugs-bunny-esque nightmare paint dream sequences.
I have a boat-load of homework due tonight and a ton of stuff going on in general...I want to get back to it as soon as possible so I'm going to aggressively treat this wicked bad cold. I went to the store earlier and picked up a few things to help me get better, and I am about to bombard my body with a blast of immune boosting stuff: garlic, honey, ginger, echinacea supplements, vitamin C, ibuprofen, and anything else I can think of. I will take a power nap and then see if there's a little relief improved mental clarity. I am really glad Ric is working a half shift today because when he returns home he can help me out.

On a completely unrelated note, when I was searching for the Bugs Bunny nightmare paint picture this totally unrelated picture came up in my image search:
hey bebe...let me help you out of your pants
uhm...how completely random. How does that happen? I could find no apparent commonality between "nightmare paint" and "Tom Selleck." I guess it could be worse. I think the most random I ever encountered was when I was searching for "Chinese calligraphy" and the ballon fetish website popped up as one of the first ten results.

I am observing that another unintentional side effect (ha maybe intentional) is that now I'm looking at the source of this oddly matched photo for clues as to why it came up as a result. The blog where this picture was located seems...interesting...like internet boredom lurker what are other people's lives like stuff. I don't want to look at it but somehow I can't look away. It's called "Pluck You Too" (ha...clever...) and if you arrived at my quasi-narcissistic meanderings because you were bored, you'll fill even more of the void by looking at that blog next.

I think someone important from Google is coming to speak to my business class in a couple of weeks so I will be sure to ask about this.


1 comment:

fwick a fwee said...

You know this post is kind of funny...http://www.pluckyoutoo.com/2010/10/so-metal.html